"HEAVY" Rubber Irrigation Canal Lining
Skidmark Geomembrane™ is composed of a blend of recycled rubber and recycled plastic. The total content of recycled material is greater than 85%. The source materials have not been co-mingled. Therefore, the compound is blended at the time of extrusion to provide a consistent product.
The benefit of this product is a heavy, durable membrane liner for irrigation canals and ditches at a competitive price while diverting waste material from it's destiny with the landfill.
Skidmark Geomembrane™ - A "heavy" canal liner that is simple to install
Each roll is 200' X 8' (1600 sq') and weighs 900 pounds
With the Skidmark system, it is possible for a four to six man crew to line 400 feet of canal length in one day in a typical small canal requiring 20 feet of liner width. The rolls can be delivered to the site for installation in several ways using nothing larger than a flatbed truck or trailer and a mini excavator or a front-end loader. Some other important features include:
- Workers can be trained on site in minutes and become proficient the first day
- Welded seams are secure and can be accomplished at low temperature
- Tolerant of "less than perfect" canal bed preparation
- Repair cracked and deteriorating concrete lined canals
- Easy to install around canal turns
- May be anchored using re-bar when canal access prohibits anchor trenches
- Backer rubber adds stiffness in the invert and reinforcement for re-bar anchoring
- Gravel or rock ballast is not required in most installations because;
- Specific gravity is 1.2 and Thickness is .100", weight per sq' = .56 pounds
- Seam backer rubber adds 30% to overall weight, nearly .75 pounds/sq'
If you are selecting a geomembrane to line or repair your canal, you will want to look at the other features of this product.