"HEAVY" Rubber Irrigation Canal Lining
- Use irrigation district workers to install Skidmark Geomembrane™.
- Reduce project cost and provide off season work for employees.
Skidmark Geomembrane is composed of a blend of recycled rubber and recycled plastic. The total content of recycled material is greater than 85%. The source materials have not been co-mingled. Therefore, the compound is blended at the time of extrusion to provide a consistent product.
The benefit of this product is a heavy, durable membrane liner for irrigation canals and ditches at a competitive price while diverting waste material from it's destiny with the landfill.
Recycled .... but with the quality and consistency equal to virgin polymers
39' long rolls for specified canal liner width 200' long rolls will be cut to length on site
The liner weighs just over one half pound per square foot and is supplied in eight foot wide rolls. The common roll length is 200 feet and weighs 900 pounds.
Many canal operators may question the practicability of handling and installing this liner due to the weight and the eight foot width limitation. We are confident that our installation system is practical and economical for irrigation district employees to install.
Please visit Lining Installation page. The photos and explanation with show that you really can do this with your employees.
Other important features include:
- Workers can be trained on site in minutes and become proficient the first day
- Welded seams are secure and can be accomplished at low temperature
- Tolerant of "less than perfect" canal bed preparation
- Repair cracked and deteriorating concrete lined canals
- Easy to install around canal turns
- May be anchored using re-bar without the need for berm trenches
- Backer rubber adds stiffness in the invert preventing uplift
- Gravel or rock ballast is not required in most installations because;
- Specific gravity = 1.2, Thickness = .100" weight per sq' = .56 pounds
- Seam backer rubber adds additional 30% to overall weight.
Assistance, Training and Support until the job is finished!
Go to our Gallery for photos of Skidmark Geomemebrane features